Responsibilities: Prototype Android app development and Web Service Development and Integration.
Description: The client needed a prototype app for Android devices that would automate the process of data collection when an accident occurred. This app is supposed to be used by the police to log in details of the accident using the Driving License, Insurance Card, and Registration Card.
1. Map integration to record the location of the accident. We also provided a feature that would allow to annotate cars and direction icon in the map image.
2. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for scanning cards
3. Bar Code Integration
4. QR Code Integration
5. Parsing of data extracted using OCR/Bar Code/ QR Code.
6. Capability to record data of up to FOUR vehicles that are involved in the accident.
7. Provision for the policeman to edit information recorded before uploading to the web server.
8. A simple web-based UI to view the uploaded data and some location-wise, police-wise data search functionality.
Technology: Android, Node.js, MySQL